I make you uneasy
Because my hijab reminds you
That I'm trying to obey God And not you.
And that bugs you.

A great post by Amina from Pearl Daisy, it reflect what some of us have experimented by being Muslims specially those living in Non-Muslim countries



Today I heard that I am not free
Because apparently
A woman's freedom is only granted
When her hair shows and her body is flaunted.

Hmm, I must've missed that memo.

Since when did freedom inherently
Require me
To show parts of my body
That I don't want others to see?

My freedom is in the way I choose to look.

Does it bother you to know
That I have control
Over what I choose to show and withhold
From the world?

How ironic
When the people who are 
Supposedly pro-freedom
Incessantly insist that you "take off your hijab"
Themselves dictating the garb
That we should wear.

So...
Freedom means to conform to
Your criteria about how I should dress, right?
Do I have that right?
Riiiight...

The hijab symbolises my faith,
And you want to ban it?
Well, while we're at it,
Let's ban charity, selflessness, 
Equality amongst races and sexes,
Being good to your neighbour.
Because those are also requirements of a believer.

But, of course, it's not about freedom,
Is it, really?
I make you uneasy
Because my hijab reminds you
That I'm trying to obey God
And not you.

And that bugs you.

See, if headscarves entered mainstream fashion,You would never protest to them.
You wouldn't assert that my freedom is jeopardised
Or blurt, "oppression!".

It might not be to your fine fashion taste,
But you'd move on.
Go on, admit it.

But since modesty equals faith,
You unabashedly bash me,
Claiming to want to "free" me.
Ladies and gents,
Welcome to modern chivalry -
A hidden form of bigotry.

I depend on God,
Not on your latest analysis of me,
Because, you see,
Through you, too,
He is testing me.


Next
This is the most recent post.
Previous
Older Post

2 comments:

  1. How to resolve the Binance Exchange upgrading issues

    Do you ever face errors whether major or minor in your Binance account? Do you manage to resolve your Binance Exchange upgrading issues? Some of the issues are mend by users but majority of them need instant assistance. To upgrade your Binance issue instantly you can directly call on Binance support number and get rid of all the issues all at once. The experts put all their energy to fix users query or issue in short-interval of time. Feel free to call them at any point of an hour.

    More Details Visit Here:- https://www.cryptophonesupport.com/exchange/binance/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to resolve the Blockchain wallet upgrading issues

    Do you ever face errors whether major or minor in your Blockchain account? Do you manage to resolve your Blockchain wallet upgrading issues? Some of the issues are mend by users but majority of them need instant assistance. To upgrade your Blockchain issue instantly you can directly call on Blockchain support number and get rid of all the issues all at once. The experts put all their energy to fix users query or issue in short-interval of time. Feel free to call them at any point of an hour.

    More Details Visit Here:- https://www.cryptophonesupport.com/wallet/blockchain/

    ReplyDelete

 
Top