4 years have passed since the first time I wore hijab , was the first day of Ramadan 2005, before I embrace islam but still not ready to leave the "ego", do you see all the stuff in the malls for hair, all that hair paint that I had bought to be Fashion trought all those years and don't speak about the treatments, highlights, accesories, etc,etc, and all that to chance my look every day, how??, it was really imposible for me to wear that thing in my head and cover part of my atractive look, remember that tips in the magasines that advice wamen to do their heir with different look to catch the men atention and look more atractive?, but the true was very very different, the first ramadan for me, I had to go outside to my husban's shop so it was like"I'm muslim now, then why I don't follow the orders?", so I took a Hijab that my sister in low (baby G, coz she is the little one) had give me as a present for my embracement of Islam, then there I was, I didn't know really how to wraped, but I did as I could and when my husband sow me, he was glad and surpriced at the same time, that I had wore it alone, after all It wasn't dificul and I like it since then.
My mom every time she sees me wearing hijab she keep telling me to take it, because she doesn't like how I look, my sisters tell me that I look as a nun!, and my friends tell me I had changed, and don't espeak about the rest of the family who guess some one have brainwashed me (let's say my husband) and now I am a full coz I'am with the "arabs" and they are this, and this, and this.....all that for they nule information about Islam, but now after this years is kind of "normal" for them hahahaha.

the hijab has a meaning in islam:



  • Modesty



  • privacy



  • Morality

    Morality
    woman should cover her body, and walk and dress in a way which does not draw sexual attention to her
    The Qur'an instructs Muslims to dress in a modest way. The following verses are generally interpreted as applying to all Muslim men and women.



[24:31] And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their chastity. They shall not reveal any parts of their bodies, except that which is necessary. They shall cover their chests, and shall not relax this code in the presence of other than their husbands, their fathers, the fathers of their husbands, their sons, the sons of their husbands, their brothers, the sons of their brothers, the sons of their sisters, other women, the male servants or employees whose sexual drive has been nullified, or the children who have not reached puberty. They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies. All of you shall repent to GOD, O you believers, that you may succeed.


So what we have is that all of the body except the face and hands is commanded to be covered around non-mahram men (by the clause "not to display their beauty except what is apparent of it"), and the covering of the hair, ears, neck, and upper chest is specifically to be accomplished by the khimar (headscarf).

more information here:"Why Should I Wear Hijab?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top