I learned a few weeks ago (thanks to my mother in law), to cook molokhia,beside the nutrition facts (calcium, iron, potassium, vitamins B1 and B2 and also is considered antioxidant) the test is delicious you can cook it with chicken or meat, but in Egypt is famous the molokheia with rabbit.

The process is very simple, Egyptian women use to cut the leaves with an special knife buuuuuuuuuuut I use the blender muahahaha!, this pictures is from An edible mosaic give a click and check out their recipe wish also suggest the lamb as an option to cook with molokhia.
an other good link is beheyeldin Dynasty wish has more information about it and different recipes, check it out!

I was just wandering yesterday why I had never tasted before but then I knew that is a native plant from the middle east, and is a bit difficult find it at least fresh in other countries, but if you find it frozen is OK it is delicious too, good luck!

Molokhia dish served with rice aside.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top